Home » Other » Marketplace » Oracle DBA Position in Louisville, KY Permanent position FT (3+ years of Oracle 9i and 10g exp needed, pays $85K per year!)
icon14.gif  Oracle DBA Position in Louisville, KY Permanent position FT [message #335761] Wed, 23 July 2008 11:24
clientsolv
Hello! I have a position for an Oracle DBA in Louisville, KY. This is for a permanent position full time and pays $85k per year salary. Please e-mail me with any questions, I want to talk to you!

Job Requirement

Company Profile
Founded in 1985, our company has grown to become the 9th-largest cable operator in the U.S., with 1.3 million customers in the states of Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio.

Client is at the forefront of the cable industry in delivering leading-edge technology to its customers - including digital video, high-speed internet, HDTV, DVR (Digital Video Recorder) and digital phone service.

Position Title Oracle DBA
Project Information:

The Database Administrator (DBA) is required to understand business and technical requirements and to develop appropriate database solutions for to solve performance, security, reliability and availability requirements. The DBA is expected attentive to details and a self-starter.

The environment is Oracle 9i and 10G and the right candidate will be doing new dsign and development and general maintenance with a 3 person team.

Assignment Technical Information [Mandatory]:

3+ years of experience as an Oracle DBA doing the following:
- Performance monitoring and tuning
- Debugging
- Documentation
- Capacity planning
- Data modeling
- Database system software patch and release application
- Creating users and assigning roles
- Physical database design and implementation
- Database configurations include Oracle 9i, 10g, RAC, SQL Server and MySQL
- Reviews SQL code to ensure scalability and efficiency
- Disaster recovery support
- Provide 24x7 on call support
- Provides recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements to the technical environment and processes.

Nice to have but not necessary:

Cable/Telco experience nice but not a must a have

The primary role will be to Perform the duties of an ORACLE DBA for the IT team focused on the DW area in a UNIX environment

Needs to be onsite, no telecommuting No relocation. Only US Citizens or current green card holders will be considered.

[Updated on: Wed, 23 July 2008 11:26]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: SEMINAR on LINUX FOR DBAs @ Q-Soft Bangalore
Next Topic: Consultor Hyperion
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:05:34 CDT 2024