Home » Open Source » Programming Interfaces » Database in Oracle with Access as Interface (merged)
Database in Oracle with Access as Interface (merged) [message #347645] Fri, 12 September 2008 09:19 Go to next message
AlexK
Hi all.
I have created a DB in Oracle with a GUI in Access. The main form (in Access) consists of 10 subforms. It worked for a while, but now when I try to add a new record in any of the submenus (clicking on a command button or on the navigator) it gives me an error ("Microsoft access has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.") and ends the programme. I don't understand why this happens suddenly after I have inserted only a few records in the DB. I have already tried with versions 2003 and XP of Access. For a while it works fine and then it gives me that message error whenever I try to add a new record..
Can anybody help me on this?
Thanks in advance..
Re: Database in Oracle with GUI in Access: Fatal error [message #347650 is a reply to message #347645] Fri, 12 September 2008 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
1/ I don't see any clue this is an Oracle problem
2/ I don't see any clue this is in addition a Network problem (the forum in which you posted this)

I tend to think there is an error at line 42 of your code.

Regards
Michel
Database in Oracle with Access as Interface [message #347659 is a reply to message #347645] Fri, 12 September 2008 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AlexK
Hi all.
I have created a DB in Oracle with a GUI in Access. The main form (in Access) consists of 10 subforms. It worked for a while, but now when I try to add a new record in any of the submenus (clicking on a command button or on the navigator) it gives me an error ("Microsoft access has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.") and ends the programme. I don't understand why this happens suddenly after I have inserted only a few records in the DB. I have already tried with versions 2003 and XP of Access. For a while it works fine and then it gives me that message error whenever I try to add a new record..
Can anybody help me on this?
Thanks in advance..
Re: Database in Oracle with Access as Interface [message #347664 is a reply to message #347659] Fri, 12 September 2008 10:39 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Before reposting it would be a good thing to review your question in order to follow the guidelines and give seom useful information that we can compute to answer.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Connect string
Next Topic: DBD::Oracle wont delete by rowid
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:33:53 CDT 2024