Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Reload Page With A Specific Record (APEX, 2.2.1.00.04, Linux)
Reload Page With A Specific Record [message #352241] Mon, 06 October 2008 14:56 Go to next message
greendba
I have a button on my form that makes an identical copy of the currently displayed record.
When this button is clicked it begins a PL/SQL process that selects all columns from the current record (except the autopopulating trigger fields like UniqueRecordID - URID) and inserts a brand new nearly identical record into the table. EG .."Select col1,col2,col3 into :new.record of table"

This work great so far, but after the process occurs the page remains with the current records data set.

However, what I would like to do is after this process happens I would like to refresh this page with the newly created record so that it can be further edited.

I know how to create an SQL statement that will pull the record I want... I just don't know how to make it happen in the application.

Do I create a secondary process or another page branch?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Eric
Re: Reload Page With A Specific Record [message #353057 is a reply to message #352241] Fri, 10 October 2008 15:31 Go to previous message
greendba
Can Close this as I figured it out...
Just created a hidden item... used process PL/SQL to set it's value and then on the page Branch for the related button set the key value to the hidden item.

Easy Peasy... After 8 hours!

Previous Topic: Unable to go into the object browser
Next Topic: IE bug or APEX bug?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:42:32 CDT 2024