Home » Other » Training & Certification » How to write this procedure?
How to write this procedure? [message #362091] Sun, 30 November 2008 15:24 Go to next message
parikhvh
Please help me to write this procedure!!!

Problem 1(a): In PL/SQL Oracle write a procedure that is going to get the input (number between 1 and 10) and it is going to return them in characters. [USE THE PREDEFINED FUNCTIONS NOT THE CONTROL STRUCTURE] EXAMPLE: GETTING 1 AND RETURNING 1 NOT ONE

I guess I need to use ToChar() function

I would really appreciate your help.
Thanks
Re: How to write this procedure? [message #362092 is a reply to message #362091] Sun, 30 November 2008 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Unfortunately, OraFAQ Forum is not a fulfill-my-wish machine; you don't put a coin and you don't get the job done for you. This is your homework and it is you who is supposed to do it.

So here's how it goes: first you have to write a solution and - if it doesn't work as you'd like it to - then you come here, show us what you did and ask for help. This code must be correctly written (i.e. should properly compile); no syntax errors, please.
Re: How to write this procedure? [message #362093 is a reply to message #362092] Sun, 30 November 2008 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
parikhvh
I apologize. I am new to this forum and database programming. I am trying to solve this last two days.

I will send you my solution, once I will do it.

Thanks.
Re: How to write this procedure? [message #362109 is a reply to message #362093] Mon, 01 December 2008 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Just in case you didn't get the point: nobody expect your code to work properly (meaning: to return the result it is supposed to). The most important thing is that you try it yourself; working on it for 2 days is quite a long time, and I guess there *must* be some results. So, show us what you did so far and someone will certainly take a look and provide help. Will it be a hint (a push into the right direction) or something else, doesn't really matter. Help is available by all means, but not in a way that someone will write a complete solution for you.
Re: How to write this procedure? [message #362226 is a reply to message #362109] Mon, 01 December 2008 06:30 Go to previous message
panyam
Hi Parikhvh,

Find the link might be usefull..

http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1650
Previous Topic: Oracle financials- functional
Next Topic: Question about Rollback
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:26:37 CDT 2024