Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Writing data from oracle tables into ascii files...
Writing data from oracle tables into ascii files... [message #368063] Sat, 12 February 2000 05:51 Go to next message
Umesh Sharma
I want to take the data from oracle tables into ascii files (delimited). If it is possible thru any was please let me know urgently....

With regards.
Umesh Sharma
sharmaumesh@chequemail.com
Re: Writing data from oracle tables into ascii files... [message #368064 is a reply to message #368063] Mon, 14 February 2000 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas
Hi,
there is no utility from Oracle like "unload" in Informix, but with a bit of SQL you can get it done.
it's like
select "'"| name |"'"|, nickname |"'" from users;

hope that helps

regards Thomas
Re: Writing data from oracle tables into ascii files... [message #368066 is a reply to message #368063] Tue, 15 February 2000 19:10 Go to previous message
Phil P
I've posted a script that will dump a table delimited as you specify to an ascii file and also build a sqlldr control file to load it back in. To see it, login to my homepage, http://home.earthlink.net/~ppadgett and follow the career then code links.
Hope this helps.
Previous Topic: Re: export and consistent=Y
Next Topic: Re: SQL*Loader
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 22:04:07 CDT 2024