Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Can i create ER diagrm from existing schema definaitions
Can i create ER diagrm from existing schema definaitions [message #368440] Thu, 28 December 2000 09:51 Go to next message
Ravi
Hi,
Can i create ER diagrm from existing schema definaitions in designer 2000. Tell me how.

Thanx
Re: Can i create ER diagrm from existing schema definaitions [message #368443 is a reply to message #368440] Thu, 28 December 2000 13:58 Go to previous message
Bala
Hi
You can....
These are the steps........ from the scratch
1.Launch designer's Repository admin utility
and connect to your database, follow the steps in the manual to create a repository.
2.launch oracle designer's front panel
and connect to the database.
3.You will be prompted to create an application system input the details and create an application system.
4.Select design Editer and open a new server model.
5. Under Generate tab select capture design of server model.
6. input your connection info and the owner of the schema you are trying to capture.
7. select the objects tab and select relational tables folder, select all the tables you want to capture and say start.
8. Save the server model and exit.
9. Launch er diagramer from the designer panel
and connect to you database.
10. Open a new diagram and from the utilities tab select table to entity retrofit, click on the candidate tables(you will see all the tables you have captured here) and say retrofit.
11. From the edit tab select include entities
and select the tables you want in your E-R diagram.

Bala.
Previous Topic: Oracle Import Failed with IMP-00020 or IMP-00009
Next Topic: Outlook contacts into Oracle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 22:13:44 CDT 2024