Home » Other » Marketplace » Certification Paths
Certification Paths [message #368715] Mon, 30 August 1999 00:43 Go to next message
Eric Bischoff
Hello All,
I am just trying to get some advice and names of resources that proved helpful while getting certified as a DBA. I recently took a basic Oracle course at the local University and I am interested in getting my certification. Any advice for a novice Oracle user?
Thanks!

Eric
Re: Certification Paths [message #368722 is a reply to message #368715] Sat, 04 September 1999 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sathian Devarajan
OK Eric, It goes like this. I am a certified Oracle DBA for Oracle 8.0

More than hard work I would say it should be the right way.

Oracle Conducts training for all the courses which lead to Cerifification like

SQLPLUS
Database administration
backup and Recovery
Tuning
Networking

You NEED TO GET THE TRAINING MATERIAL for all these course and start studying. No question are away from this material. You can easily pass the exam with a good score.

For further questions e-mail me.

Hope this helps

Sathian
Re: Certification Paths/functional financial applicaion [message #368740 is a reply to message #368722] Mon, 20 September 1999 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Samuel A. Eseyin
Can I be furnished with information regarding certification in functional financials of oracle application?
Re: Certification Paths [message #368856 is a reply to message #368722] Wed, 01 December 1999 22:21 Go to previous message
Luis
I have 4 years experience in helpdesk/systems admin. work with
a Bachelor in Computer Science and Marketing and would like to
segue into Oracle as a DBA. HOw difficult will it be to pass the oracle 8 tests(5 of them)as opposed to the Oraqcle 7.3 which only has 4 tests? I do have experience in c,c++,vb, and access. Would I be able to pass the tests if I have the software, books needed and practice on my own time if I had 30-40 hours a week devoted to studying? Should I stick with the 7.3 tests instead of the 8 due to the fact there are more study materials for the 7 tests than the 8. Which tests are more difficult?
Advice would be greatly appreciated.
Luis
Previous Topic: Oracle Development Systems Engineer for Austin, TX
Next Topic: Re: just graduated
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 17:38:15 CDT 2024