Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Oracle Database
Oracle Database [message #369819] Wed, 18 October 2000 14:39 Go to next message
Suresh Bojadla
I have created two different databases with same UserID and Password.
And I have a table in both the databases with same name.when I update the data in one table,it is effecting in both the databases.
Can any one please explain me how it goes when I have two databases with same UserID and Password,which one I am going to access when I login.
Re: Oracle Database [message #369825 is a reply to message #369819] Wed, 18 October 2000 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew again...
Something doesn't sound right. When you connect to the DB you have to specify the User, Pass and SID (instance name). e.g. scott/tiger@my_db. This means that you only connect to a single DB.

Usually your environment will have a default SID set so that you don't need the @my_db bit.

enter "Select user, global_name from global_name;" to show where you really are!

If you are connecting from something like JDBC etc, you still essentially supply all this info
("jdbc:oracle:oci7:@my_db", "scott", "tiger");
Sometimes my_db is replaced with IP:port
Re: Oracle Database [message #369832 is a reply to message #369819] Thu, 19 October 2000 08:32 Go to previous message
Christian Boulet
Are U using Oracle Advanced Replication ???

If so, it doesn't matters where you connect. The sync goes both ways...

If not, anr you are using a trigger, There it is extremely important. You need to connect to the ne that has the trigger.
Previous Topic: Conversion into Oracle
Next Topic: Trigger causes Error. Why?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 05:25:34 CDT 2024