Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » password encryption and decryption
password encryption and decryption [message #370080] Mon, 11 December 2000 17:00 Go to next message
venkat Veerareddy
Hi Folks,

I have written procedure to encrypt and decrypt by using dbms_obfuscation_toolkit.DESEncrypt package. The problem is the built in procedure ie DESEncrypt wants 8 multiples input to encrypt. In my case password length may be 6 to 20 characters. If I will give 8 characters length (say venkat23 ) I am getting encrypted result if I will give say venkat(say length is other than 8) no It is raing application error.

Venkat
Can any body give a suggestion regarding password encryption and decryption [message #370082 is a reply to message #370080] Tue, 12 December 2000 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
venkat Veerareddy
Hi Folks,
I have written procedure to encrypt and decrypt by using dbms_obfuscation_toolkit.DESEncrypt package. The problem is the built in procedure ie DESEncrypt wants 8 multiples input to encrypt. In my case password length may be 6 to 20 characters. If I will give 8 characters length (say venkat23 ) I am getting encrypted result if I will give say venkat(say length is other than 8) no It is raising application error.

Venkat
Re: password encryption and decryption [message #370138 is a reply to message #370080] Wed, 20 December 2000 05:58 Go to previous message
Kannan
i have a procedure for encryption and decryption
of the password which i used in my project give
ur mail id so that i can send the procedure
Previous Topic: How to know procedure name from the same procedure.
Next Topic: plsql
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 22:38:03 CDT 2024