Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Tigger doesn't like my procedure with commit there.
Tigger doesn't like my procedure with commit there. [message #370260] Wed, 14 July 1999 17:16 Go to next message
Jack Songradish
I have to use trigger(D,U and I) on the tables to fire a execution of a procedure that is doing recalculation of summary information, then those fresh information will be used by our application. But Oracle seems not like this normal business rule and won't allow the trigger to run a procedure containing any commit, savepoint, etc. Are there any other way I can go to accomplish my original application purpose, or I have to go a different design way? Please give your experience and assistant, I appreciate that so much.
Re: Tigger doesn't like my procedure with commit there. [message #370263 is a reply to message #370260] Thu, 15 July 1999 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Hunt
Tiggers like everything... except commits.

Sorry, I must've been reading too much A.A.Milne. You've already found the answer to your problem, the reason Oracle doesn't like commits in triggers is that those commits might fire further triggers, causing more commits, firing more triggers and so on ad infinitum.

The solution, I'm afraid, is to remove any commits from the procedures you call.

Re: Tigger doesn't like my procedure with commit there. [message #370272 is a reply to message #370260] Thu, 22 July 1999 15:44 Go to previous message
Sameer
As per the rule, try removing those commits. Instead have that commit after the sql completes, say ur D/I/U statement.
Previous Topic: creating diamond&pyramid with PL/SQL
Next Topic: LOCKS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:17:01 CDT 2024