Home » Other » Suggestions & Feedback » How to subscribe get email notification?
How to subscribe get email notification? [message #380257] Fri, 09 January 2009 14:45 Go to next message
mcdas
I'm a new user in this community. i have registered but i am not getting email notification for oracle database FAQ.could you please guide me how do get email notification?
Re: How to subscribe get email notification? [message #380260 is a reply to message #380257] Fri, 09 January 2009 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As far as I can tell, there are two kinds of subscription.

The first one regards your participation in discussions. Let's say that you have posted a message in one of Forum topics. By default, you'll get notified (by an e-mail message) when someone posts a new message in the same topic (it doesn't have to be reply to your message; every reply causes a notification).

Another one is "Forum subscription" - you'll get notified when a new topic is created in a subscribed forum:

/forum/fa/5555/0/

Certain settings can be set in your account's Control Panel:

/forum/fa/5556/0/

(check "Account settings" and "Subscriptions").

So: did you subscribe? I know you didn't participate any discussion (yet), but I hope you will (as well as enjoy your staying here at OraFAQ Forum).

Did the above explanation help? If I misunderstood the question, could you, please, explain what bothers you once again?

Furthermore, spend some time reading the OraFAQ Forum Guide. And finally, this topic is moved into the Suggestions & Feedback (from the Forms) Forum; next time, please, choose a more appropriate place to ask a question.
Re: How to subscribe get email notification? [message #380261 is a reply to message #380257] Fri, 09 January 2009 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mcdas
Actually i wanted to subscribe on "Forum subscription" - i should get notified when a new topic is created in a subscribed in the forum"

Thanks
Madhab
Re: How to subscribe get email notification? [message #380264 is a reply to message #380261] Fri, 09 January 2009 19:06 Go to previous message
Frank Naude
Do you have a spam filter configured? If so, please add orafaq.net to your whitelist.
Previous Topic: recurring login problem
Next Topic: A very long code line / linesize and post width of subsequent posts (merged)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:25:57 CDT 2024