Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » Calling an Oracle Form and passing parameters from a jsp
Calling an Oracle Form and passing parameters from a jsp [message #381771] Mon, 19 January 2009 13:21 Go to next message
brianhargan
Hi,

I'm trying to call an Oracle Form in a new window from a jsp and I need to pass parameters to query based on those parameters. I can open a form using the following in a javascript function:

var winLeft = ((document.body.clientWidth - window.width) / 2)+ window.screenLeft
var winTop = window.screenTop;
var attr = "left=" + winLeft + ",top=" + winTop + ", menubar=yes,resizable=yes,status,scrollbars=yes,width=820,height=630";
window.open(pFormsPath + "&form=" + pFormName, pTargetFrame, attr);

but any parameters included in the url such as &param=val aren't picked up by the Oracle Form. Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian
Re: Calling an Oracle Form and passing parameters from a jsp [message #381777 is a reply to message #381771] Mon, 19 January 2009 15:20 Go to previous message
brianhargan
I found the answer, you need to include a parameter specifically called otherparams as below:

http:///server.com/forms90/f90servlet?config=test&otherparams=param1=something+param2=else
Previous Topic: Debugging PL/SQL with JDeveloper (merged)
Next Topic: I get a SQLException, when trying to connect to oracle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:47:59 CDT 2024