Home » Infrastructure » Unix » Multiple Databases on Single Server (IBM-AIX and Oracle Database)
Multiple Databases on Single Server [message #382425] Thu, 22 January 2009 04:37 Go to next message
askshirsagar

Hello,

Please help me.

Where I can get multiple database names and their details on single server. Please let me know if you know file path or table name(s) for the same.

TNSNAME.ORA provides multiple database name but this will not help to my answer as HOST ip address will be different for each database

My requirement is as below:
Following is the out put of SQLServer on Windows. We need similar attribute details for Oracle on HP-UX/IBM-AIX from command prompt of UNIX server (root) or oracle login.

SQLServer Output:

<database name="C_EmilLundgren1">

<collation>SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS</collation>

<users>dbo;qondoc;ssa</users>

<size>244</size>

<filepath>C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data\C_EmilLundgren1.mdf</filepath>

<transize>51</transize>

<tranfilepath>C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data\C_EmilLundgren1_log.ldf</tranfilepath>

<servername>SEGOTJOSA001</servername>

<options>0;0;0;0;1;1;1;0;</options>

</database>

Many thanks for your help.

Avinash

Re: Multiple Databases on Single Server [message #382428 is a reply to message #382425] Thu, 22 January 2009 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
What is the requirements in words.

Regards
Michel
Re: Multiple Databases on Single Server [message #382430 is a reply to message #382428] Thu, 22 January 2009 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
askshirsagar

Thanks for your prompt reply.

If I want a list of multiple databases running on single server then where I can get a list of the same database name, file path and size of the database?

Thanks
Avinash
Re: Multiple Databases on Single Server [message #382433 is a reply to message #382430] Thu, 22 January 2009 05:14 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
You can't do it in Oracle. You have to first know all the databases/instances running on your server.

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Thu, 22 January 2009 05:14]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Need document to learn basic essential concepts of HP-UX
Next Topic: use
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:13:42 CDT 2024