Home » Other » Marketplace » Will the number of Oracle Independent Consultants increase significantly?
Will the number of Oracle Independent Consultants increase significantly? [message #390212] Thu, 05 March 2009 08:08
rdrolet
Industry analysts and others predicted a significant increase in the number of IT Contract workers even before we experienced the economic problems of the past few months.

"According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, contingent staffing will double in growth compared with the overall work force between now and 2012 and 85% of the companies surveyed in this report believe their usage will remain the same or continue to increase in the next three years. 90% of companies that use contract labor cite "flexibility" as their main reason, while being more competitive and "responding quickly to the ever-changing market environment" are also important factors."

Many companies are laying off IT people in droves. These IT Professionals that suddenly find themselves out of work don't have many alternatives. Many of them will simply buy some business cards and market their services as Oracle Independent Consultants.

During the past few months, I have heard other consultants complain about the status of our industry and the competition we experience from people outside of the USA. I'm sorry, but get over it and do something about it. We compete globally whether we like it or not.

This is one of the reasons why I formed the Oracle Independent Consultants Community (OICC) at www.theoica.ning.com and founded Oracle Independent Consultants LLC. I also formed the Oracle Security and GRC Professionals Community for those consultants working and/or interested in learning more about this space (www.oraapps.ning.com). All members of the OICC are US Citizens with, at least, five years of US business experience and five years of Oracle Technology and/or Application experience. In addition, they must have, at least, a bachelor's degree. Many of our members exceed these requirements.

If you meet these requirements, I invite you to join the Oracle Independent Consultants Community at www.theoica.ning.com and sign up. It's free. Similarly, if you are working with and/or you are interested in working with Oracle Security and GRC applications, I invite you to join the Oracle Security and GRC Professionals Community at www.oraapps.ning.com.

Also, I invite you to visit the OIC LLC web site at www.theoicllc.com. Read our Mission and Vision Statements and review our services. If you share our vision, I invite you to become a member consultant of the OIC LLC by clicking on the Membership tab.

As individuals, our resources are limited. However, as a TEAM of experienced and talented Oracle Professionals, Together Everyone Achieves More.

As a large group of Oracle Professionals, we will have the economic clout to take control of our industry.

Regards,

Roger Drolet, CPA, MBA, CISA, CITP
President
Oracle Independent Consultants LLC
roger.drolet@theoicllc.com
www.theoicllc.com
214-783-0751
Previous Topic: Script Executor
Next Topic: Analyze Oracle Databases in Seconds !!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:31:07 CDT 2024