|Better integration solution of Web reporting tool [message #398877]
|Sat, 18 April 2009 23:54
Registered: April 2009
Report development is only a part of application program, therefore, the integration of Web reporting tool is of great importance.
All the traditional Web reporting tools provide an independent report server without exception. With an independent report server, the application architecture is shown below:
The disadvantages of an independent report server:
● The independent report server communicates with application program via network protocol, and this degrades system performance seriously.
● It is unable to use all the advantageous functions of application server, such as the cluster capability, the management capability of connection pool, etc.
● Report server has an independent management mechanism of user permissions, which can not adapt the requirements of particular user role management from various industries and applications. It is insufficient, while it force application program to obey its rules.
● With too few APIs and weak control, it is hard to integrate.
RAQ Report is a professional Web reporting tool.
As a pure Java reporting software, RAQ Report provides integration as Jar package to programmers. Without independent report server, application infrastructure, and independent management mechanism of user permissions, RAQ Report can help programmers to implement integration conveniently. Its application architecture is shown below:
The advantages of no independent report server:
● The server of RAQ report is submitted as Jar package or application of application server. Therefore, it can get integrated with application program seamlessly to achieve the peak operating efficiency.
● Share the cluster capability and the management capability of connection pool of application server.
● Make unified deployment. Use the user role management mechanism of Web application directly to avoid the incompatible problem of two management mechanisms. Provide a unified login screen, and end users need not to log in twice.
This post is from freezea's blog. You are welcomed cc it anywhere, and please indicate the source.
If you would like to read more articles about reporting tool, you can refer to his blog.