Home » Infrastructure » Linux » A problem with ./runInstaller and silent mode installation
icon5.gif  A problem with ./runInstaller and silent mode installation [message #421241] Sun, 06 September 2009 13:17 Go to next message
dariyoosh
Dear all,

I appreciate if you could kindly give me a hand.
I have an issue with Oracle 11g Release 2 installation on Red Hat Enterprise 5.3 (x86). I install the software in
silent mode with a response file (I have done this before successfully several times with other Oracle releases).
The problem is that when I want to run the installer provided by the given response file, the installer stops
immediately and I get the following error message:

[oracle@ccsaplinux0002 database]$ ./runInstaller -silent -responseFile /usr/local/oracle/database/responseFileV02.rsp
Starting Oracle Universal Installer...

Checking Temp space: must be greater than 80 MB. Actual 150090 MB Passed
Checking swap space: must be greater than 150 MB. Actual 9200 MB Passed
Preparing to launch Oracle Universal Installer from /tmp/OraInstall2009-09-06_07-50-15PM. Please wait ...
[oracle@ccsaplinux0002 database]$ Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:164)
at java.awt.Toolkit$2.run(Toolkit.java:821)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(Toolkit.java:804)
at javax.swing.UIManager.initialize(UIManager.java:1262)
at javax.swing.UIManager.maybeInitialize(UIManager.java:1245)
at javax.swing.UIManager.getUI(UIManager.java:851)
at javax.swing.JPanel.updateUI(JPanel.java:104)
at javax.swing.JPanel.<init>(JPanel.java:64)
at javax.swing.JPanel.<init>(JPanel.java:87)
at javax.swing.JPanel.<init>(JPanel.java:95)
at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifo.OiifoOCMUI.<init>(OiifoOCMUI.java:125)
at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifo.OiifoOCMInterfaceManager.<init>(OiifoOCMInterfaceManager.java:79)
at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifo.OiifoOCMInterfaceManager.getInstance(OiifoOCMInterfaceManager.java:124)
at oracle.install.ivw.db.driver.DBInstaller.run(DBInstaller.java:123)
at oracle.install.commons.util.Application.startup(Application.java:869)
at oracle.install.commons.flow.FlowApplication.startup(FlowApplication.java:164)
at oracle.install.commons.flow.FlowApplication.startup(FlowApplication.java:181)
at oracle.install.commons.base.driver.common.Installer.startup(Installer.java:265)
at oracle.install.ivw.db.driver.DBInstaller.startup(DBInstaller.java:114)
at oracle.install.ivw.db.driver.DBInstaller.main(DBInstaller.java:132)

[oracle@ccsaplinux0002 database]$

Any idea?

Kind Regards,
Dariyoosh
Re: A problem with ./runInstaller and silent mode installation [message #421267 is a reply to message #421241] Mon, 07 September 2009 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ThomasG
awt / swing looks like a GUI problem.

Can you run a GUI program from that prompt? What happens when you try to start "xclock"?
Re: A problem with ./runInstaller and silent mode installation [message #421337 is a reply to message #421267] Mon, 07 September 2009 09:55 Go to previous message
dariyoosh
ThomasG wrote on Mon, 07 September 2009 09:20
awt / swing looks like a GUI problem.

Can you run a GUI program from that prompt? What happens when you try to start "xclock"?

Hello there,

Thanks for our attention to my problem. I was curious to see whether there is really a Java problem and apparently no. I removed DISPLAY=ccsaplinux0002:0.0; export DISPLAY and I run the installer interactively, everything went well about 15 minutes, but in the middle of copying files I had the following message: "Bad block type" and the program said contact oracle support.

I'm really confused!

Regards,
Dariyoosh
Previous Topic: Oracle 10g instalation error
Next Topic: expdp in 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:17:31 CDT 2024