Home » Infrastructure » Linux » problem in installing Oracle developer and link with Net Conf (Net configuration cancelled during installation)
problem in installing Oracle developer and link with Net Conf [message #423641] Fri, 25 September 2009 17:05 Go to next message
Only-Oracle
hi

Actually I have some problems with installing Oracle. I have linux Fedora 10 and I did installing Oracle 10G Database successfully. Now my problem is I can't execute the "Net Configuration Assistan" to configure the listener with this command "netca" it says the command is not found, so anyone has any idea for this.

Actually after struggling in installing Oracle Developer Suite 10G and it was asking for a lot of libraries and packages and I reach to the end of the installation it says "Net Configuration Assistant" not recognize and it says "Canceled" in the last step of installing so I didn't know what should I do in this step.

Another question, How Oracle Forms & Reports can work in KDE environment because I didn't find them. Even though the Net Configuration doesn't look like is available like in Windows OS.

Please I really need your help so any help in installing or configuring I'll be very appreciated. Thanks a lot and god bless you all.
Re: problem in installing Oracle developer and link with Net Conf [message #423646 is a reply to message #423641] Fri, 25 September 2009 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebrian
You should ensure that the $ORACLE_HOME/bin directory is included in your PATH variable?
Re: problem in installing Oracle developer and link with Net Conf [message #423647 is a reply to message #423641] Fri, 25 September 2009 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Only-Oracle
thanks for your contribution

I think when I installed Oracle Developer Suite the path of Oracle_home was set by itself.

Wish more help please. Thanks a lot.
Re: problem in installing Oracle developer and link with Net Conf [message #423690 is a reply to message #423647] Sat, 26 September 2009 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebrian
ORACLE_HOME may have been set, but what about the PATH variable ?
Re: problem in installing Oracle developer and link with Net Conf [message #423701 is a reply to message #423641] Sat, 26 September 2009 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Only-Oracle
Thanks a lot man for your reply

Do you have a complete procedure of installing Oracle Developer Suite 10g on Linux either Fedora or any others distribution. Because I might forget something to do during installation especially configuring the Net Assistant.

Thanks 4 standing with me. Wish you the best
Re: problem in installing Oracle developer and link with Net Conf [message #423702 is a reply to message #423701] Sat, 26 September 2009 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
I am sorry to see that both GOOGLE & SEARCH are broken for you.
Here is a free clue.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/jdev/1013/jdev1013.html
Re: problem in installing Oracle developer and link with Net Conf [message #423748 is a reply to message #423641] Sun, 27 September 2009 16:59 Go to previous message
Only-Oracle
don't worry Google & search r working with me.

I'm still looking for exact procedure not missing any steps.
Previous Topic: Oracle instance running on a system with low open file descriptor limit
Next Topic: Problem with .bash_profile
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:52:11 CDT 2024