Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to open .doc file without using MS Word for read only? and open a file (.doc, .xls, .pdf) in rea (Oracle 10g + MS Windows 2003 R2)
How to open .doc file without using MS Word for read only? and open a file (.doc, .xls, .pdf) in rea [message #425928] Tue, 13 October 2009 03:51 Go to next message
rakesh1901
We are developing a application that should upload document like word,excel,power point, pdf file on the database server by the client.

Then we have a form that have option(Button) like "Download","Read" etc.

Now my Problem is if client have a permission of read only for any document then after clicking on "Read" button by the client,
Document must be open in read only mode.

client must not be able to save,copy,paste etc.
i know to open document at client side using MS Word (installed in client machine). but i want to open a document for read only purpose.

eagerly waiting for your reply.
Thanx in advance.
Re: How to open .doc file without using MS Word for read only? [message #425933 is a reply to message #425928] Tue, 13 October 2009 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deepankar_04
I think you can take a multi line text box on form,other canvas to only show. Or you can outputted the doc material save in database to Oracle reports ... So for only viewing purpose you can use these type of methods.
Re: How to open .doc file without using MS Word for read only? [message #425945 is a reply to message #425933] Tue, 13 October 2009 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rakesh1901
but what about excel and pdf file?
how can ve represenet these files in multiline textbox?
open a file (.doc, .xls, .pdf) in read only mode. [message #426052 is a reply to message #425928] Wed, 14 October 2009 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rakesh1901
Suppose a file eg. abc.doc is stored in database server.
One of the user(client) have a permission to read only.
if client open that file(abc.doc) then how to make that file read only...........means
1) he/she can not save that file to its machine.
2) he/she can not select any text inside that file.
3) he/she not able to see its url (in web case).
4) he/she must not able to copy it or inside it.
so is there any viewer where can i get solution of above 4 issues?
or any other idea to achieve this.
consider above issue for file like (.doc, .xls, .pdf).

So hungry for solution.
help me.

Re: How to open .doc file without using MS Word for read only? [message #428061 is a reply to message #425945] Tue, 27 October 2009 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Look at http://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/423194/67467/?srch=OLE2+word#msg_423194

You need to tell word or excel that you are opening the file read-only. I believe Adobe Reader always opens a file read-only.

David
Re: open a file (.doc, .xls, .pdf) in read only mode. [message #428312 is a reply to message #426052] Tue, 27 October 2009 18:24 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
To hide the url, search this forum for 'hide url'.

I don't believe that it is possible to stop someone what copying the data from a document. I have always been able to get a copy by alternate methods, even if I have to 'scrape' each screen.

David
Previous Topic: error in calling pll library
Next Topic: WHat Software to be installed for Oracle Forms 10g R2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 14:24:41 CDT 2024