Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Library changes require re-compiling the form (Forms 10g, WinXP)
Library changes require re-compiling the form [message #435196] Tue, 15 December 2009 02:10 Go to next message
rajy_salim
Hi,

I have a library where exists a procedure that calls reports by passing parameters. I needed to add a new parameter to this procedure, this parameter has a default value (NULL).
The procedure is used in the WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger of some buttons in several screens. When trying to call a report (after adding the parameter and compiling the library), I get blocked by the error FRM-92101:There was a failure in the Forms Server during startup. This could happen due to invalid configuration. Please look into the web-server log file for details
To solve this issue, I simply re-compile the form. But I do not want to do so for all the screens using this procedure.
Is that normal? Could it be a configuration problem?
How can this be solved without re-compiling the forms?

Thx

Rajy
Re: Library changes require re-compiling the form [message #437153 is a reply to message #435196] Thu, 31 December 2009 05:55 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As far as I can tell, you'll have to recompile all forms. No need to do that one by one, though - there are scripts capable of doing the job. Perhaps you'd want to review this OTN Forum thread as it contains some useful references.

Although, if you started compiling forms two weeks ago, you've probably already done it.
Previous Topic: Disappearing Tabs on Oracle Forms
Next Topic: store forms into database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 12:22:47 CDT 2024