Home » Infrastructure » Linux » Init script for Oracle Fusion Middleware (Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g)
Init script for Oracle Fusion Middleware [message #435553] Wed, 16 December 2009 14:14 Go to next message
jfsaucier
Hi everyone,

I want to know if any of you have an init script for Oracle Fusion Middleware and RHEL 5.

The problem I have is that startWeblogic.sh and startManagedWeblogic.sh must be run one after another but they are not really init script friendly.

The only way I found of doing this is :

#!/bin/bash
startWeblogic.sh &
sleep 120
startManagedWeblogic.sh &
sleep 60

I really don't like having sleep timer in my init script... But, if I don't put sleep, startManagedWeblogic.sh start too soon.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thank you!
Re: Init script for Oracle Fusion Middleware [message #435554 is a reply to message #435553] Wed, 16 December 2009 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>Does anyone have an idea?
When I was supporting OAS I had to use sleep between scripts.
Re: Init script for Oracle Fusion Middleware [message #435716 is a reply to message #435554] Thu, 17 December 2009 10:13 Go to previous message
jfsaucier
Thank you for the answer.

That's one of the thing that amaze me the most about Oracle products : Who install their products and do not want a script to start/stop them? In my book, it's one of the basic operation to do.

Also, I laugh when I see this in the documentation :

To stop a Node Manager process, close the command shell in which it is running.

Wow, who leave a command shell with a logged in user always running? The only way I found to "close" Node Manager is :

ps aux|grep oracle|grep NodeManager|awk '{print $2}'|xargs kill

Not really clean...
Previous Topic: installing oracle R12 on enterprise linux 5 update 4
Next Topic: How to find database is UP or DOWN
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:15:11 CDT 2024