Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Capture cursor Position (what record) to Open a NEw form (Form builder 6i called from Oracle EBS R11)
Capture cursor Position (what record) to Open a NEw form [message #435821] Fri, 18 December 2009 03:29 Go to next message
fcherri
Hello,

I have 2 blocks with Master-details relationship.
The first Block in a canvas with a "View details" butoon.

Whn-Button-pressed, the New convas with the Second BLOCK (DETAILS) should Open, showiing the details of the Current Record.

IT IS SIMPLY NOT WORKING!!
Can som1 help!
Thx

[Updated on: Fri, 18 December 2009 07:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Capture cursor Position (what record) to Open a NEw form [message #435891 is a reply to message #435821] Fri, 18 December 2009 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
If it was master-detail relationship, it would work.

Therefore, you probably did *something* that prevents Forms to do its job. I'd recreate the relationship; use wizard to do that.

I've also seen your original question (which regards another form, instead of a detail block). Current record (i.e. the one in which resides cursor) contains certain items. They can be referenced by "colon" + "block name" + "item name" and passed to another form as a parameter or a global variable. Something like this:
:parameter.some_id := :block_name.id_item;
-- or
:global.some_id := :block_name.id_item;
In the second form you'd have to put this value into the appropriate item in the PRE-QUERY trigger and then execute query.
Re: Capture cursor Position (what record) to Open a NEw form [message #437543 is a reply to message #435821] Mon, 04 January 2010 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
What code do you have in your button? I strongly recommend that you use a 'go_item' to move to another canvas instead of trying to use a 'show_view' because if the current 'focus' would be covered/hidden/obliterated by the new canvas then the canvas will NOT be shown.

David
Re: Capture cursor Position (what record) to Open a NEw form [message #437624 is a reply to message #435821] Tue, 05 January 2010 05:21 Go to previous message
ali_sakar

What do you mean by its not working... are you getting any error or absolutely nothing happens at button press??

Can you just post the exact error you are getting??
Previous Topic: "FRM 10054, cannot attach pl/sql library, path.."
Next Topic: String Handling on Form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 12:34:43 CDT 2024