Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Issues during migration from forms 4.5 to 10g (Forms 10g (Windows/Unix))
Issues during migration from forms 4.5 to 10g [message #440811] Wed, 27 January 2010 02:56 Go to next message
gtrianta
Hi

I am converting an application initially written in Forms 4.5 to Forms 10g. Currently I am facing 2 issues regarding the change in functionality from 4.5 to 10g.

First issue:

There are 5 items in a block and the WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE trigger sets one of the items (the third item ITEM3) programmatically to display only and assigns a value to it. There is a WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM in that item (At that point it doesn't fire and this is OK).

When the user navigates from ITEM1 to ITEM2 and then to ITEM4 (because ITEM3 is disabled) the WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM of ITEM3 does not fire immediately. In forms 4.5/6i the trigger was firing and a lot of functionality was built on that behavior.

Is there any way to overcome that issue?

Second issue:

In forms 4.5 it was possible to cancel a long running query (during EXECUTE QUERY) using Control-C. The control C doesn't seem to work in form 10g. Is there any way to force a cancel of a long query in 10g?

Thanks
George T.
Re: Issues during migration from forms 4.5 to 10g [message #445455 is a reply to message #440811] Mon, 01 March 2010 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Sorry that I have been so long in replying. Have you solved your problem?

Do you get different behaviour if you set the item and then make it a display item?

David
Re: Issues during migration from forms 4.5 to 10g [message #445536 is a reply to message #445455] Tue, 02 March 2010 06:55 Go to previous message
gtrianta
Hi

I am getting the same behavior even if I set the item to display only programmaticaly.

I managed to solve my issue by setting the item to INSERT_ALLOWED=False, UPDATE_ALLOWED=false.

In that case the cursor still was visiting the item but I wrote a WNII trigger to escape out of the item.

Thanx
George
Previous Topic: Duplicate Check on Data Block (No Procedure)
Next Topic: how to check a particual item is updated in a block
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:28:43 CDT 2024