Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » how to check a particual item is updated in a block (forms 6i)
icon4.gif  how to check a particual item is updated in a block [message #445415] Mon, 01 March 2010 11:47 Go to next message
mohaninforakle
hi,

I have a form in which i had 6 items in a block,like sno,task,responsible,totaldays,date,status .Except 'totaldays' item all items will be updated when i press button called 'Update'.am doing this in on - update by using if(:system.block_status='changed').

Now i want only if a specific item 'totaldays' is changed , the on-update should happen.

i have 6 items in a block
sno
task
responsible,
totaldays
date,
status

only if i change totaldays item the on - update should happen

how to do this?
Please somebody help me on this.
am waiting for your reply thanks in advance

Re: how to check a particual item is updated in a block [message #445417 is a reply to message #445415] Mon, 01 March 2010 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Perhaps you could use the PRE-RECORD trigger to store current value of the "todaldays" item (into a parameter or a global variable) and check it when the "update" button is pressed. Something like this:
-- PRE-RECORD
:parameter.totaldays := :block_name.totaldays;

-- WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED
if :block_name.totaldays <> :parameter.totaldays then
   <update>
else
   message('Totaldays did not change');
   null;
end if;
Re: how to check a particual item is updated in a block [message #445422 is a reply to message #445415] Mon, 01 March 2010 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
You can proably also use:
get_item_property(<item_name>, database_value);
Re: how to check a particual item is updated in a block [message #445545 is a reply to message #445415] Tue, 02 March 2010 07:31 Go to previous message
mohaninforakle
Thanks for your reply i hope this will work i wiil try this and let you know

Thank you once again
Previous Topic: Issues during migration from forms 4.5 to 10g
Next Topic: i am logged in as other person in forms application & how URL is assigned to different users whe
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:47:15 CDT 2024