Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » button item disable after process (apex 3.2,xp)
button item disable after process [message #447009] Thu, 11 March 2010 08:14 Go to next message
andi_raj
hi experts,
in my application i have a button as an item. when it is clicked it runs a process. everything is fine. but i want the user to click it only once. i want the button item to be disabled or greyed out on submit or after running the process.
thanx in advance.
raj
Re: button item disable after process [message #447074 is a reply to message #447009] Thu, 11 March 2010 18:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
keywee2000
Without actually trying this out I have a couple of suggestions.

You could add a Condition to the button to only display before the process has been run (on whatever criteria you are using). Of course this would mean that it would disappear from the page once the condition was no longer satisfied.

You could also have another button that only displayed on the opposite Condition (and that button could be non-functioning/greyed out etc.) so that it would appear to be the same button, but only one of them would be displayed at a time.

Sorry that this doesn't appear very elegant. I'm sure there is a nicer (and simpler) solution out there.
Re: button item disable after process [message #447623 is a reply to message #447074] Tue, 16 March 2010 18:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrew again
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=2781812
Re: button item disable after process [message #449412 is a reply to message #447623] Mon, 29 March 2010 07:50 Go to previous message
andi_raj
hi
i still have not found any solution. i have a button. i have this javascript in the button.
javascript:this.disabled=true;this.value='submitting....';doSubmit('Add');
where Add is a pl/sql process. as such, now when i click the button the process runs, button greys out and immediately is enabled and the purpose is lost.
what i want is when i click the button the process should run, button should get disabled. once i leave the page and come again it should enable for another session.
thanx
raj
Previous Topic: Oracle Application Express - Web Services
Next Topic: Tabular Form with Ajax
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:59:16 CDT 2024