Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Radio buttons don't work in ENTER-QUERY (Forms 10g)
icon9.gif  Radio buttons don't work in ENTER-QUERY [message #447061] Thu, 11 March 2010 14:49 Go to next message
cueballgeek
Hi,
This is a strange problem. I have a query form where I am attempting to add radio buttons for the user to specify if they want to see Active, Expired, or Both vendors. The existing form is a multirow database block and a single-row detail database block. Users query in the multirow block. I created a QRY_CONTROL non-database block with the radio group and a couple other variables. When they select a radio button, the WHEN-RADIO-CHANGED changes the default block's where clause.
My problem is that the radio buttons cannot be changed in ENTER-QUERY mode. If they cancel the query, the buttons work as expected. I put in a couple messages and the trigger isn't even firing, so I ruled out a code problem I think.
I checked to make sure that the group properties are Enabled=true, mouse_navigable=true, query_allowed=true.
Thanks in advance for any ideas anyone may have!
Re: Radio buttons don't work in ENTER-QUERY [message #447185 is a reply to message #447061] Fri, 12 March 2010 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Enter-query mode is limited to a particular block. Whatever block you are in when you go into enter-query mode you are stuck in until you execute the query or cancel.
You've got 2 choices:
1) move the radio group to the database datablock.
2) Skip using enter-query mode - have the users enter all search criteria in the non-database datablock and use the data in there to perform the query.
icon14.gif  Re: Radio buttons don't work in ENTER-QUERY [message #447235 is a reply to message #447185] Fri, 12 March 2010 10:15 Go to previous message
cueballgeek
Thanks!
Moving the group to the query block works. I knew I had to be overlooking some quirky thing...that's it.
Brian
Previous Topic: Oracle 10g Developer suite installation problem
Next Topic: How can We Set Radio Button Property on
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:37:51 CDT 2024