Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Calling URL from Forms with Locking the Form (Forms, version: 10.1.2.0.2, Clients: Win_XP_Pro, App Server: Unix)
Calling URL from Forms with Locking the Form [message #448912] Thu, 25 March 2010 12:09 Go to next message
sblindgren
This is a general question to see if anyone has done this or not. We are in the need of calling Mapping Software from with in Forms, most likely Google Maps, and keep the form locked until selections are made. The attempt was to call the URL from a Modal Window that would in turn lock the form until return.

The attempts were using WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT, this process releases the form as soon as the call occurs. Then the desire to use UTL_HTTP, but with this process it would cause the DBA to setup a Wallet_Path for Certification of the call. This one has not been explored as yet. I do feel it would allow me to lock the form by making the displayed screen with the Java Bean the Modal Screen.

My desire he is to inquiry if anyone else has done this, and if so the technique used.

Have a nice day, and Regards.

Scott
Re: Calling URL from Forms with Locking the Form [message #449277 is a reply to message #448912] Mon, 29 March 2010 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Do you get the same behaviour with all four values of the parameter 'target' of 'web.show_document'?

David
Re: Calling URL from Forms with Locking the Form [message #449429 is a reply to message #448912] Mon, 29 March 2010 09:03 Go to previous message
gregor
Hi Sblindgren,

using WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT( -> Browser) and FORMS are
to independent Processes. You can lock Forms, but when
unlock? .. Perhaps in FORMS 11g there is a chance to
inform the calling Forms, to unlock. Because there the support
of Javascript is built in.

An other way, I don't know, if it is a way for you,
because the Mapping Software is allready finished:

- use googlemaps IN Oracle Forms to display a map.
or
- integrate the ORACLE MAPVIEWER in your Form.
Previous Topic: Include multiple envFile
Next Topic: Data is not importing to table through SQL Loader when run through Forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:46:45 CDT 2024