Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Finding out port number of oracle forms and oracle id for compilation (10g)
Finding out port number of oracle forms and oracle id for compilation [message #457112] Fri, 21 May 2010 01:48 Go to next message
ajitpal.s
Hi,
I have 2 question.

Is there any way i could figure out what is the current port number used in an existing setup of oracle forms in a linux server.

Is there any specific oracle id i should use to compile oracle forms on server?
Re: Finding out port number of oracle forms and oracle id for compilation [message #457113 is a reply to message #457112] Fri, 21 May 2010 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Port number question: no idea.

"Specific Oracle ID"? What is that? Login credentials? (username + password + database (alias))? If so, the answer is YES, there is a specific ID - the one that will make compilation possible. You can't expect form to compile successfully if you log on to a schema that doesn't contain object necessary for form to work (such as tables data blocks are based on, views, stored procedures and similar).

If "specific ID" isn't that, what is it, then?
Re: Finding out port number of oracle forms and oracle id for compilation [message #457114 is a reply to message #457112] Fri, 21 May 2010 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ajitpal.s
Based on my research , the default port number can be found from the following path

ORACLE_HOME/install/portlist.ini

Im not sure if there is a way to retrieve the port information used for oracle forms just in case if the ports specified in portlist.ini is taken up by another application.
Re: Finding out port number of oracle forms and oracle id for compilation [message #457116 is a reply to message #457113] Fri, 21 May 2010 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ajitpal.s
Thank you for your reply. So you mean any login which has access to the objects used in form can be used to compile oracle form?

[Updated on: Fri, 21 May 2010 02:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Finding out port number of oracle forms and oracle id for compilation [message #457118 is a reply to message #457116] Fri, 21 May 2010 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I think so.

Note that "having access" is not precise enough. For example: user SCOTT grants select on its EMP table to user MIKE. User MIKE can
select * from scott.emp
(so MIKE has access), but it doesn't mean that MIKE will be able to compile a form based on SCOTT'S EMP table (because MIKE - in our example - doesn't have a SYNONYM called EMP which points to SCOTT.EMP table).
Re: Finding out port number of oracle forms and oracle id for compilation [message #457121 is a reply to message #457118] Fri, 21 May 2010 02:29 Go to previous message
ajitpal.s
I got you, thank you for your advice
Previous Topic: How to copy the multirecord block into another
Next Topic: Need to display Frm-40400 Message
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 08:20:11 CDT 2024