Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Business Intelligence » obiee startup and shutdown
obiee startup and shutdown [message #459731] Tue, 08 June 2010 02:09 Go to next message
jegaraman
Dear All,

I have my users who are all now starting oc4j and run-sa.sh and run-saw.sh as a root user.

After that they click the Dash borad url , it is coming.

But when they try starting all the services as a normal oracle user , they could not find the web page coming.

IS it necessary that oc4j should be executed only as root and it can be executed as a normal user also.

Kindly clarify,

Thanks in advance
Jack
Re: obiee startup and shutdown [message #472879 is a reply to message #459731] Tue, 24 August 2010 09:56 Go to previous message
heedtheball
Generally you should start stop all the apps with the user that owns it - usually the user that installs it. I would Chown the application folders to the user that needs to restart teh services - if this is linux?

If many users required access then I would make use of sudo to the owner of the app - seems the most straigth forward method, although you could change permissions recursively on directories ...

Previous Topic: Variables in OBIEE
Next Topic: can i your Oracle 10g-64 of linux for OBIEE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:23:40 CDT 2024