Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » D2k 6i and Excel file (D2k 6i and Excel file)
D2k 6i and Excel file [message #462138] Wed, 23 June 2010 00:25 Go to next message
sureshkhalkho
Dear All ,
I have generate a excel file through oracle developer 2000 6i
with password protect using OLE2 but autofilter,sort and format column options are not working.

Pl help

suresh

/***************

PROCEDURE UnProtectCell(r NUMBER,c NUMBER) IS
BEGIN
args:= ole2.create_arglist;
ole2.add_arg(args, NumToRange(r, c));
XLRange:= ole2.get_obj_property worksheet, 'Range', args); ole2.destroy_arglist(args);
ole2.set_property(XLRange, 'Locked', 'True');
ole2.release_obj(XLRange);
END UnProtectCell;

ArgList := ole2.create_arglist;
ole2.add_arg(ArgList, 'A:Z');
WorkColumn := ole2.Get_Obj_Property(WorkSheet, 'Columns', ArgList);
ole2.destroy_arglist(ArgList);
ole2.invoke(WorkColumn, 'AutoFit');
OLE2.RELEASE_OBJ(cell);

****************************/
Re: D2k 6i and Excel file [message #462559 is a reply to message #462138] Thu, 24 June 2010 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naveen.wason

I think if you want to generate excel report from oracle forms. DDE package is usefull for you. It will gives you better results with some efforts.
Re: D2k 6i and Excel file [message #462589 is a reply to message #462559] Fri, 25 June 2010 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sureshkhalkho
Thanx for reply,
i am able to generate the excel file. But i am not able to enable autofilter,sort and format column options .
My sheet is pasword protect.

Pl help
Regards,

Re: D2k 6i and Excel file [message #463466 is a reply to message #462559] Thu, 01 July 2010 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sureshkhalkho
i tried both the packages DDE and OLE2, but my final result is not meeting. I want to generate a excel file with password protected with (AllowFormattingCells:=True, AllowFormattingColumns:=True, _
AllowFormattingRows:=True, AllowSorting:=True, AllowFiltering:=True),
So that user can do all activities (sorting, filtering , formatting etc) but can't change the data.
I tried to run the MICRO also but not successed.

Whenever i protect the sheet , all options get disable.

pl help
Re: D2k 6i and Excel file [message #465200 is a reply to message #463466] Tue, 13 July 2010 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Sorry that I have been so long in replying. Have you solved your problem?

Is it possible to do what you want to do in Excel?

David
Re: D2k 6i and Excel file [message #465245 is a reply to message #465200] Tue, 13 July 2010 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sureshkhalkho
My problem is still pending.
I want to pass the following parameters through ole2 or DDE command with password (AllowFormattingCells:=True, AllowFormattingColumns:=True, _
AllowFormattingRows:=True, AllowSorting:=True, AllowFiltering:=True).

Mean my program will generate the excel file with password protect but user can do the activites like sorting, filtering, formatting etc.

I do not want to write any micro or command in excel sheet.

Pl help

Regards

Re: D2k 6i and Excel file [message #465580 is a reply to message #465245] Wed, 14 July 2010 21:55 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have a look at http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/forms/pdf/ClientSideOLE.pdf about the use of 'invoke' and 'ole2'.

If you still have problems, please post your code.

David
Previous Topic: close form or erp auto
Next Topic: Forms + JSP + request
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:33:48 CDT 2024