Home » Other » General » Tables Structure (Normalization)
Tables Structure (Normalization) [message #478901] Wed, 13 October 2010 06:49 Go to next message
Doc1992
Hello
I am trying to make a Program that can assist school Administration. I have created a structure Of tables given below .
Kindly check it and tell me that is it right or wrong , and if it is wrong then Provide me some guidance .

Student
Studen_Id         Primary Key   
Studend_Name 
Class
Section
Address 
City 
Class 

Teacher
Teacher_id         Primary Key 
Teacher_name 
Salary 

Course
Course_ID           Primary Key  
Course_Name 

Teacher_course
Teacher_id          Foreign Key  
Course_ID                 Foreign Key 

Results
Student_ID          Foreign Key
Course_id 
Month_of_result
Marks 

Fees
Student_ID         Foreign Key
Due_Date 
Late_fees 
Total_fees 

Regards
DOC
Re: Tables Structure (Normalization) [message #478903 is a reply to message #478901] Wed, 13 October 2010 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Table "student" contains two "class" columns (typo, I guess).

Table "teacher" contains a "salary" column. As it is, you'll only know teacher's last (current) salary, but won't know anything about teacher's previous salaries. Perhaps you'd want to create another table to handle this situation?
Re: Tables Structure (Normalization) [message #478904 is a reply to message #478901] Wed, 13 October 2010 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
You need to define a primary key for every table. OK, that is a rule that Oracle doesn't enforce, but the relational paradigm requires it.
Re: Tables Structure (Normalization) [message #478909 is a reply to message #478901] Wed, 13 October 2010 09:06 Go to previous message
sunroser
Hi, where is the table for mapping of student --> course? or presumably, all students attend all courses?
Previous Topic: using oracle like access
Next Topic: Database Maintenance Activities
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:27:19 CDT 2024