Home » Other » General » Base table info (Oracle any version)
Base table info [message #478946] Wed, 13 October 2010 13:50 Go to next message
ramoradba
While I was learning MY oracle 9iworkforce developement program ...on 2007
I learned some thing like
1) we can get the info on 'v$' views using 'v$fixed_table'

so based on that ...
we can get some more info for the 'v$' views source as they are created based on 'GV$' views..and again these 'gv$' info from 'gv$fixed_table' and view definition.the the point is ....
[using v$fixed_view_definition and dbms_metada.get_ddl methods]

As these 'Gv$' and 'v$' views are actually based on some 'xS' base tables... which has no furthur info.
(like ...'X$KQFTA'--->'kernel query, fixed table' )so My question is does any one know the base table`s source code [not the scripts at %oracle_home%\rdbms\admin\] if exist? or can we query for the base tables of the fixed tables..?

TOday I have read one blog (One of the Oracle ACe directors blog)
saying he found this recently..but this kind of stuff is already provided by Oracle on its students volumes ex:oracle 9i Database administration fundamentals 1 and 2 student volume guides)

sriram Smile
Re: Base table info [message #478948 is a reply to message #478946] Wed, 13 October 2010 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barbara Boehmer
Why is this question in the Moderator discussions forum? What does this have to do with OraFAQ forum moderation?
Re: Base table info [message #478949 is a reply to message #478948] Wed, 13 October 2010 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramoradba
As I am asking for Oracle internals ...
I thought That I should not discuss this ind of internal stuff directly on a public forum.
As most of the Moderators are DBA as senior than me ..I asked this here.
If there is no harm asking like this in a public forum In your openion please move this topic.

Thank you
sriram
Re: Base table info [message #478955 is a reply to message #478949] Wed, 13 October 2010 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>> That I should not discuss this ind of internal stuff directly on a public forum.
This is still a public forum. Being moderator makes none special.
>>we can get some more info for the 'v$' views source as they are created based on 'GV$' views
Actually, GV$ views are Global Views for RAC instances.
Nothing more.
The v$stuff are synonyms for v_$stuff.
These v$stuff come from x$stuff which are actually C memory Structures which is Oracle's internal stuff.
>>so My question is does any one know the base table`s source code
You can find bits and pieces of information about it in web and metalink. It is oracle's source code. So all you can find is information on how to use it or what kind of information would be there.

Unless you have a very specific question, you have to help yourself.
Re: Base table info [message #478957 is a reply to message #478955] Wed, 13 October 2010 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramoradba
>>Actually, GV$ views are Global Views for RAC instances
I know this.
>>The v$stuff are synonyms for v_$stuff.These v$stuff come from x$stuff
I knoe this too.
>>which are actually C memory Structures
Some thing new to me.
>>You can find bits and pieces of information about it in web and metalink
Yah thats what I am doing..trying for more info...

And finaly Thanks for the reply and info Smile

Sriram
Re: Base table info [message #478958 is a reply to message #478955] Wed, 13 October 2010 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
These v$stuff come from x$stuff which are actually C memory Structures which is Oracle's internal stuff.

Not really, no more (for many of them but the oldest ones) since many versions, they are calls to internal procedures.

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Wed, 13 October 2010 14:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Base table info [message #478960 is a reply to message #478957] Wed, 13 October 2010 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
Yah thats what I am doing..trying for more info...

And what do you want to do with them?

Regards
Michel
Re: Base table info [message #478962 is a reply to message #478960] Wed, 13 October 2010 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramoradba
>>And what do you want to do with them?
Just for My knowledge...
Infact I just wanna play with them on my PC at home (testing environment)

sriram Smile
Re: Base table info [message #478965 is a reply to message #478962] Wed, 13 October 2010 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
Infact I just wanna play with them on my PC at home

You can't unless you are a Windows expert knowing its internal code.

Regards
Michel
Re: Base table info [message #478967 is a reply to message #478958] Wed, 13 October 2010 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Quoting myself.
Quote:

My bad.
What I actually supposed to post is:

These v$stuff come from x$stuff which are actually interfaces to C memory Structures which is Oracle's internal stuff.

I never got a chance to explore these after Oracle8 as Oracle was really exploding with new features.
Too much to keep up Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 13 October 2010 14:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Base table info [message #478968 is a reply to message #478965] Wed, 13 October 2010 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramoradba
Michel Cadot wrote on Thu, 14 October 2010 01:07
Quote:
Infact I just wanna play with them on my PC at home

You can't unless you are a Windows expert knowing its internal code.

Regards
Michel

One more key point to my notes of Oracle.Your quotes giving me more interest on this.
For myself I will definitely do some justice...I will try my level best on this .
Thanks for the input Michel and all

sriram
Re: Base table info [message #478970 is a reply to message #478968] Wed, 13 October 2010 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
Your quotes giving me more interest on this.

OK, let say that you now know, for instance, that v$session_wait is the result of applying some function (that you succeed to reverse engineer) on memory data that are at address 0x88888888.
I'd say and then?

Regards
Michel
Re: Base table info [message #478972 is a reply to message #478970] Wed, 13 October 2010 14:58 Go to previous message
ramoradba
I guess (as per my knowledge its a assembly code and a XOR key of some internal programing..Am I correct?

sriram
Previous Topic: Database Maintenance Activities
Next Topic: DBA Info.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:16:19 CDT 2024