Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Set X with Y when Branching (Application Express, 4.0, windows 7)
Set X with Y when Branching [message #534017] Fri, 02 December 2011 03:17 Go to next message
abarnybox
Hi,

I'm having a problem with setting page items when branching. You know under the 'go to page X' (X = 3 from now on) branch there are the options 'Set these items' 'with these values'. Well what I want to do is set items on page 3 values from items on page 2. There are 9 items I think that I want to set values so what i've done entered all the items in page 3 and then all the items in page 2
e.g.
Set these items P3_PERSON_ID,
With these values P2_ID,

separated them with commas like it says, but it doesn't seem to work...am I doing something wrong? or do I need to do something else as well?
I have changed the create button's database action to '-no database action-' and i've also tried changing its action from submit page to redirect and entered the items in the button but that doesn't work either

thanks for your help

abarnybox
Re: Set X with Y when Branching [message #534025 is a reply to message #534017] Fri, 02 December 2011 04:31 Go to previous message
abarnybox
nvm I got it,
though Im not doing the same thing anymore, on page 3 I set the item sources to Item in the application and put the name of the item I wanted linked in the source.
don't know if thats the proper way to do it...but it seems to be working.
I also deleted the reset page process because that seemed to be stopping it from working.
Previous Topic: ORA-00942: Table or view does not exist
Next Topic: ORA-01403: no data found
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:06:40 CDT 2024