Home » Other » Client Tools » mysql selects with sqldeveloper (mysql 5, sqldeveloper 3)
mysql selects with sqldeveloper [message #534849] Fri, 09 December 2011 11:16 Go to next message
hudo
I'm using sqldeveloper 3 and like to use the sql-worksheet for some select on a mysql 5 database.
SELECT SYSDATE();

works fine, but if I try to select from database mysql and table user there is an error cause no database is selected.
The command
use mysql;

ends also with error unknown command.

How do I use sqldeveloper correctly for this task.
How/where do I run the mysql command
status;

with the sqldeveloper ?
Re: mysql selects with sqldeveloper [message #534928 is a reply to message #534849] Sat, 10 December 2011 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I suppose that you should correctly set it up; did you configure SQL Developer for MySQL?

[Updated on: Sat, 10 December 2011 06:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: mysql selects with sqldeveloper [message #534930 is a reply to message #534928] Sat, 10 December 2011 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hudo
Yes i did configure sqldeveloper correctly, otherwise i couldn't connect to mysql, I mentioned that the select sysdate() works correctly, I can browse through the tables even through table user which is part of the database mysql,
but i cannot (or lets say I dont know how ) change database ( use mysql ; this is the standard database which contains the description of the complete mysql database; ) which you would normally do first if you try to select a table from the database mysql in the "mysql-shell". So my problem is to settle some command ( whcih work in the "mysql-shell" like status or use that_database and so on

Re: mysql selects with sqldeveloper [message #534931 is a reply to message #534930] Sat, 10 December 2011 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I see; obviously, I don't know anything about MySQL so I didn't recognize commands you specified.

What does SQL Developer documentation say? Maybe some commands (that work just nice in "mysql-shell") won't work in SQL Developer (just like, for example, some SQL*Plus commands don't work in SQL Developer either).

Sorry, can't help any futher.
Re: mysql selects with sqldeveloper [message #534936 is a reply to message #534931] Sat, 10 December 2011 08:37 Go to previous message
hudo
Littlefoot,

Quote:

Maybe some commands (that work just nice in "mysql-shell") won't work in SQL Developer (just like, for example, some SQL*Plus commands don't work in SQL Developer either).

that's what I thought of too, but I do not know sqldeveloper very well, so I asked here.
Nevertheless, if choosing your actual database is not possible ( with use my_actual_database or somehow else), doing some select with the sqldeveloper is not possible, just browsing graphically through the objects....

Previous Topic: Micro Focus Rumba
Next Topic: How to connect to Oracle 7 using Oracle client
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:45:02 CDT 2024