Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Taken to allocated page after Login
Taken to allocated page after Login [message #535027] Sun, 11 December 2011 08:50 Go to next message
warbie118
Hi,

I have a users table which will be used to log people in, Within the users table is a row containing the persons job. Each job has an allocated page with functions that the person doing that job can do. So if the user logs in and they are a "problem analyst" they are taken to the "problem analyst" page, or if user is a "support manager" they are taken to the "support manager" page and so on.

Any help on this matter would be great Smile

Re: Taken to allocated page after Login [message #535078 is a reply to message #535027] Mon, 12 December 2011 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
balckbandit5
I'm not sure if you can do that or not...I know you can add authorization to pages or tabs, so what you could do is send everyone to a home page and then have a tab available for each job that only people who do that job can see, If that makes sense.

[Updated on: Mon, 12 December 2011 04:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Taken to allocated page after Login [message #535153 is a reply to message #535078] Mon, 12 December 2011 07:20 Go to previous message
c_stenersen
You can have a home page that everyone is taken to after login, but a before header branch on the page which sends the person to the correct page based on their job. (So several branches going to different pages, but with a condition to ensure that only the branch for the given user is executed.)
Previous Topic: Making a popup
Next Topic: Dynamic action 'Confirm' problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Mar 18 23:14:55 CDT 2024