Home » Server Options » Streams & AQ » what is right point in time restore procedure (11.1.0.6.0)
what is right point in time restore procedure [message #544624] Thu, 23 February 2012 02:07 Go to next message
piotrtal
hi everyone.

i am digging with my streams environment, doint test, breaking, fixing, etc.. in order to learn how this whole functionality work, and what can i expect.

at this moment i have set unidirectional replication on table level betwen source database ORA20 and destination ORA21, ORA22. in ORA22 there is two schemas from which one shema have different name than in source and data is replicating to different table name. so i had to use dbms_streams_adm.rename_table and dbms_streams_adm.rename_schema procedures. everything work perfectly, my table propagates and apply perfectly on each destination database.

but my next step was to restore one of destination database.
and this is when i need to ask you how this procedures shoulk look like.

what i did is:
just restore ORA21 to the point in the past (without stoping capture on source), open ORA21 with reset logs. i was 100% sure that capture proces from ORA20 tryes to repropagate all data which doe's not exist in the ORA21, but it didn't. after i open ORA21 and tryes to add new records on source, this records appeared on ORA21, and all replication enviromnent works properly, but there was big gap with data between the time when this ORA21 db was unaccessible.

i know that there is somethinkg like start_scn which should be set for capture process on source database when we do point in time one of the destination db. but i don't know exactly what numbers i should set for it. where can i find the SCN to which i should set this parameter.

if one of you did this in you production or test environment - please share this knowlegde to me. i need to know step by step what should i properly restore one of the destination DB in streams enviromennt in orde to capture from source repropagate all lacking data to the destination automatically.
Re: what is right point in time restore procedure [message #544767 is a reply to message #544624] Thu, 23 February 2012 11:36 Go to previous message
piotrtal
did someone of you ever restore destination DB in streams environment?
the question is - how is proper way to do this in order to preserve streams replication and avoid gaps in data?
Previous Topic: what does add supplemental log data do
Next Topic: Getting right SCN to start streams after imp
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:08:39 CDT 2024