Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » database backup & recovery issue
database backup & recovery issue [message #548338] Wed, 21 March 2012 08:18 Go to next message
neetesh87
respect to all,
i am trying to backup and recovery.
but i have a problem in my local database. i have just created a database on my machine for testing, and i have created a user and and tablespace in it then i granted roles to it.
after that i have created some tables in it and inserted data in it, then i copied the folders of tablespace and data at another location and when i tried to connect i connected successfully to my test database through that user,now i dropped all existing tables and i create new tables and inserted data in it.
now i replaced the copied data and tablespace to this database folder and when i tried to connect my test database through that user then it throughs an error------

" ORA-12528: TNS:listener: all appropriate instances are blocking new connections "

so i mean that if we want to backup like that then we cant or this error is raised because of replaced folder, when i replace again by its original folder then i can access my test database.

please guide me.
thanx
Re: database backup & recovery issue [message #548348 is a reply to message #548338] Wed, 21 March 2012 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
I think you should some basics about Oracle engine and backup.
For instance, did you put the database in backup mode or did you stop it before copying?

Regards
Michel
Re: database backup & recovery issue [message #548351 is a reply to message #548348] Wed, 21 March 2012 09:18 Go to previous message
neetesh87
i didnot made the databse in bacckup mode but i stopped the service of this database before copying and start it before login again.

[Updated on: Wed, 21 March 2012 09:19]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: RMAN duplicate Database Issue
Next Topic: RMAN backup multiple retention
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:14:16 CDT 2024