Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Multiple copies of report with different footer (Report 6i)
Multiple copies of report with different footer [message #550536] Tue, 10 April 2012 03:32 Go to next message
elsy
Dear all
i am using reports 6i .

i want to Print Multiple copies of report

1 - Customer copy
2- Department copy
3- Finance Copy

Setting the number of copies to 3 will print 3 copies of the report. But i want for each report , the footer should differ .any body please tell me the solution

Thanks

Elsy
Re: Multiple copies of report with different footer [message #550542 is a reply to message #550536] Tue, 10 April 2012 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Two options I can think of.

Create another query:
select 'Customer copy' what from dual union
select 'Department copy' from dual union
select 'Finance copy' from dual

Now go to Paper Layout Editor and create objects related to that query - a repeating frame should contain ALL objects you already have in a report, as it will repeat the same stuff 3 times, once for each copy type. At the bottom of that frame, create a field whose source will be the WHAT column from the above query.

Another option is to create user parameter (for example, PAR_COPY) which will be passed at the time report is called. Depending on its value, you'd display copy type at the bottom of a report (either as a text (and use of a Format Trigger), or a field).

The second option is worse because it would require you to run the same report 3 times (which might be time consuming).
Re: Multiple copies of report with different footer [message #550743 is a reply to message #550542] Thu, 12 April 2012 01:47 Go to previous message
elsy
i tried the first option of repeated frame. It worked fine .Thanks a lot
Previous Topic: Changing lov font face
Next Topic: Unable to move fields
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:17:43 CDT 2024