Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » reports to excel - help required (Reports 3.0, WinXP)
reports to excel - help required [message #551902] Sun, 22 April 2012 04:14 Go to next message
cypdon99
We are using reports 3.0 and I want the report output exported to a excel sheet... i have seen many doing it but I did not get any idea how to do it... I got package contains some procedures, they have the below line where my report writer throwing error

TYPE ExcelCells IS TABLE OF ExcelCell;

encountered the symbol ";" when expecting one of the following .[@% not null range index.

I doubt whether Reports 3.0 support "TYPE"...

Please help me I want excel output finally...

regards
Re: reports to excel - help required [message #551904 is a reply to message #551902] Sun, 22 April 2012 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Until today, I didn't even know that Reports 3.0 exists (I thought that it was 2.5 -> 6i).

Anyway: this version seems to be very old and you might be right when questioning yourself whether certain features are supported in that version. I know that more recent Forms & Reports versions, in their PL/SQL engines, did not support everything that databases (which were released at the same time) offered. A common workaround was to create stored procedures (functions, packages) in the database and call them from a form or a report.

I don't know what package you mention does and where should it be created, but - if you can't do it in Reports, see whether you can create it in your database and call it from a report.
Re: reports to excel - help required [message #551905 is a reply to message #551904] Sun, 22 April 2012 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cypdon99
Thanks for your support!
Here is the link will just brief you the package which i am trying to create in reports 3.0...

http://d2ksolution.blogspot.com/2011/03/convert-d2k-report-in-excel_08.html

i dont think this can be created in database..

please let me know whether can be created in db...
Thanks...

[EDITED by LF: removed unnecessary quote of the whole previous message]

[Updated on: Sun, 22 April 2012 04:48] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: reports to excel - help required [message #551906 is a reply to message #551905] Sun, 22 April 2012 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Unfortunately, I can't help much. That blog article (written a year go) says that it is about "Developer D2K" which is a 6i version. Perhaps you could contact the author and ask for assistance.
Re: reports to excel - help required [message #551907 is a reply to message #551906] Sun, 22 April 2012 04:49 Go to previous message
cypdon99
Thanks!!!
Previous Topic: How to save automatically scheduled Discoverer workbook as a file?
Next Topic: Reports 11g to excel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:13:46 CDT 2024