Home » Other » Client Tools » export and import suing sql developer (oracle 10 export , oracle 11g import sqldeveloper-3.1.07.42)
export and import suing sql developer [message #552980] Mon, 30 April 2012 11:54 Go to next message
miroconnect@yahoo.com
I need help for export and import , I have my local database i want to export tables , data, functions from this database and import inot new database.
I want to do this using sql developer , I tried export , by selecting table , data , functions a file export.sql is created. I cannot open this file as the file size is too large.
the new database 11g is empty has no tables , I want to import tables, data, functions etc.
I tried by selecting tables and import data pointing to the file export.sql I get this error.attached is the error.

Re: export and import suing sql developer [message #552982 is a reply to message #552980] Mon, 30 April 2012 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
Please read and follow the forum guidelines, to enable us to help you:

http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/
Re: export and import suing sql developer [message #553004 is a reply to message #552980] Mon, 30 April 2012 15:22 Go to previous message
thatjeffsmith

You've created a script, and it's stored in the .SQL file.

Now you're trying to use the Import wizard which is designed to read delimited or structured data like Excel or CSV to import records from outside of Oracle.

Just connect to your empty 11g database as the user you want to import the data/objects to, and open the .SQL file in the worksheet.

Review the code, and if you approve, use F5 to execute.

OR

Go back to the beginning and export your objects/data to Excel or CSV, then try to use the IMPORT mechanism. I've done a quick write-up on our Import feature and Excel, http://www.thatjeffsmith.com/archive/2012/04/how-to-import-from-excel-to-oracle-with-sql-developer/

For better SQL Developer support, I suggest trying our message board on OTN.

[Updated on: Mon, 30 April 2012 15:34]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: connect to oracle 11g
Next Topic: NLS_DATE FORMAT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:23:16 CDT 2024