Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » error message in TOAD (TOAD from windows connected to ORACLE on LInux )
error message in TOAD [message #575781] Sun, 27 January 2013 20:07 Go to next message
rukavnikov
Hi
I have a question
I was trying to update table from TOAD client ( windows Oracle client using TOAD )
first I received message
31 rows updated.
Rollback complete.
after that I changed rollback to commit.

After that I received
Error - No Connection

I was trying to reconect from toad , from the same window where accident happened .
The same reaction
Error - No Connection

Does it mean that my session was killed or it could be network error?

Also Is there way to check logs on Oracle server to find what happened?

After I opened another session , everything was working again

Thanks

Re: error message in TOAD [message #575782 is a reply to message #575781] Sun, 27 January 2013 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>Error - No Connection
above is NOT an Oracle error
clues may exist within alert_SID.log file on DB Server; then again application error do not get logged into alert_SID.log file.

Please read and follow the forum guidelines, to enable us to help you:

http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/
Re: error message in TOAD [message #575784 is a reply to message #575782] Sun, 27 January 2013 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rukavnikov
BlackSwan thank you for answering
I hink this is enough information
Re: error message in TOAD [message #575785 is a reply to message #575784] Sun, 27 January 2013 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>I hink this is enough information
If you are happy, then so am I.

Re: error message in TOAD [message #575802 is a reply to message #575785] Mon, 28 January 2013 01:09 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Can you reproduce that behavior? If not, it is possible that network connection got lost and you weren't able to do what you were doing. So - either investigate that possibility, or simply forget about it.

As of you saying that you provided enough information: Black Swan told you that there's no Oracle error whose name is "No connection". Oracle errors come with error code (such as ORA-00942) which is much more descriptive than your own error interpretation. Therefore, you should try to provide as much information as possible, and make sure it is accurate. Otherwise, answers you receive can't be much better than the one Black Swan posted in the previous message.
Previous Topic: Re: ORA-01034: Oracle not available; ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist (split from hijacked thread)
Next Topic: sql plus transaction ...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:08:13 CDT 2024