Home » Other » Client Tools » Regarding Toad Error (TOAD10G)
Regarding Toad Error [message #588858] Sat, 29 June 2013 00:24 Go to next message
ramyadavoracle@gmail.com
I want insert all the columns from itg to development so i trying to insert the records that time i got this message.
If any one knows please let me know as early as posibly.please find the related screen shot.
Thanks in advance
Ramesh
  • Attachment: Untitled.png
    (Size: 197.25KB, Downloaded 1337 times)
Re: Regarding Toad Error [message #588872 is a reply to message #588858] Sat, 29 June 2013 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
How do you insert these records? (By the way, what is "itg"?)

If these are two different schemas (possibly even belonging to different databases), you can do that in several ways.

The most obvious is
insert into ... select from
It requires certain privileges granted, possibly using synonyms or database links.

Another option - which includes TOAD - is to connect to both schemas, open Schema Browser for the source schema, right click a source table and pick "Copy records" (or something like that; the "right-click" list is quite long, but you should be able to find that option; unfortunately, I don't have TOAD here so I can't check myself). Then you'd specify a target table (in another schema) and TOAD would do the job for you.

Finally, export/import (either the original EXP/IMP or data pump EXPDP/IMPDP).

As of the "sorry for the inconvenience" error - no idea what might be causing it. Perhaps we'd be able to assist if you specified which Oracle database version(s) is/are involved, TOAD version, operating system version and any other information you find useful.
Re: Regarding Toad Error [message #588883 is a reply to message #588872] Sat, 29 June 2013 06:10 Go to previous message
ramyadavoracle@gmail.com
My aim is to insert the records from itg server(uit server) one of the table(reseller) to development server it consists same table(reseller),
so for that i am write one query(select *from reseller)in itg server,then all the records are displayed in grid output,right click on data one of the option in toad i.e 'export the data' here i am choose 'sql insert' and specify file name.sql and select all column field then click on ok then automatically all records are generated with insert statement,then after execute this all insert statements in development server so that time this toad error is occure,if any alternative way is there to resolve this problem so please help me,and also there is no sql grants to me in itg server.please find screen shot.

[Updated on: Sat, 29 June 2013 06:30]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Create directory in UNIX
Next Topic: Export Toad saved username password and import on sqldevloper
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:11:10 CDT 2024