Home » Server Options » Data Guard » Can a logical database be applied from a physical standby (Can a logical database be applied from a physical standby)
Can a logical database be applied from a physical standby [message #591196] Thu, 25 July 2013 08:00 Go to next message
jai_baba
Dear All,

please help me ,i am waiting for your reply...............

I have a setup where i have one physical and logical standby from a primary database. In case of switch over between primary and physical database my logical apply gets stopped. Can a logical database be applied from a physical standby ?? Please help...
Re: Can a logical database be applied from a physical standby [message #591200 is a reply to message #591196] Thu, 25 July 2013 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Welcome to the forum. Please read our OraFAQ Forum Guide and please read How to use [code] tags and make your code easier to read

With regard to your question, you can certainly direct redo from the new primary to your logical standby. Best way is to automate the whole switchover process by enabling te Data Guard Broker.

Re: Can a logical database be applied from a physical standby [message #591257 is a reply to message #591200] Fri, 26 July 2013 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jai_baba
Dear John Watson ,

here my setup..

proddb---primary database
prodlg----logical standby database.
prodph----physical standby database.

after switchover..........
primary(proddb) convert to standby,
physical standby(prodph) convert to primary.
but now sql not apply to local standby (prodlg)

it this situation what can i do.....is it possible or not?
Re: Can a logical database be applied from a physical standby [message #591275 is a reply to message #591257] Fri, 26 July 2013 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
I've already told you what to do.
Re: Can a logical database be applied from a physical standby [message #591306 is a reply to message #591275] Fri, 26 July 2013 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jai_baba
hi John Watson ,

Can a logical database be applied from a physical standby...
in my situation ..
now sql not apply to local standby (prodlg)
....is possible or not??
Re: Can a logical database be applied from a physical standby [message #591353 is a reply to message #591306] Fri, 26 July 2013 11:24 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Yes it is possible and John told you how.
You can repost the same question how many times you want, the answer will be the same one.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Dataguard Issue - Logs get shipped but not Applied - Due to Primary DB reset (merged)
Next Topic: Dataguard encryption
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:33:05 CDT 2024