Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » invalid objects after db restore (suse linux enterprise server 11)
invalid objects after db restore [message #626256] Thu, 23 October 2014 16:49 Go to next message
chillkroetle
Hi guys,

i'm very new with oracle and try to learn the ropes. So i have create a VMware virtual Machine with suse enterprise linux 11 and install oracle 11g R2 with the howto from novell. Everything works fine. So i configure oracle backup with rman and a custom backup configuration with the oracle enterprise manager. Next i try to generate a worst case zenario. I installed a second Vmware virtual Machine with the same suse and oracle version and try to restore the backup from the other machine.
First i can't restore the backup because of the ora parameter file, so i delete this file and then a restore was possible. After the restore my own schema users are working correct but i see a lot of invalid objects in the enterprise manager. (see screenshot1).

a few of them could i correct with the custom script from the site http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/misc/recompiling-invalid-schema-objects.php and with the oracle utlrp.sql. See screenshot2

How can i correct the last invalid object? Do they come from a mistake from my restore? I hope you can help me.

Re: invalid objects after db restore [message #626257 is a reply to message #626256] Thu, 23 October 2014 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chillkroetle
and here is the screenshot2
Re: invalid objects after db restore [message #626261 is a reply to message #626257] Thu, 23 October 2014 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>>I installed a second Vmware virtual Machine with the same suse and oracle version
Are those objects valid in source/primary?
If your restore was fine, it should have restored what was there in backup (of source).
In the second VM/ site, are Oracle binaries installed with the same options as in Source?
Re: invalid objects after db restore [message #626262 is a reply to message #626256] Thu, 23 October 2014 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EdStevens
To expand a bit on the previous responder.

rman is simply re-building the data files by restoring images of the data blocks. It really knows, nor cares, about the state of any objects within the database. rman backup and restore deals only with the physical aspects of the database .. files and the blocks that constitute those files. From that view, objects and the state of those objects are merely logical constructs.

I'd guess the same objects were invalid in the original database at the time of the backup.
Re: invalid objects after db restore [message #626329 is a reply to message #626262] Sun, 26 October 2014 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chillkroetle
Hi everybody,

on my primary VM there are also invalid objects but not so many as in the restored VM. One interest thing is that i ran the utlrp script after this post again with the system user as sysdba and with the conn user as sysdba and now it shows me less invalid objects than before.
on this screenshot you can see the stayed invalid objects from the restored VM.
Re: invalid objects after db restore [message #626330 is a reply to message #626329] Sun, 26 October 2014 06:48 Go to previous message
chillkroetle
and here is a screenshot from my originally VM.
Previous Topic: RMAN Clone database using SMU / ZFS
Next Topic: Rman database backup failed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:11:26 CDT 2024