Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » ORDS Apex listener and encryption (Glassfish 4.1, ORDS 2.0.10)
ORDS Apex listener and encryption [message #634629] Thu, 12 March 2015 05:42 Go to next message
John Watson
I need to encrypt the traffic between an ORDS Apex listener deployed to Glassfish and the database. I can't find any doc describing this.

By default, ORDS uses a thin JDBC driver, but it is theoretically possible to replace this with the oci8 library. I've found one MOS note 1902793.1 that mentions this. I think that might mean that I can configure the usual SQL*Net encryption from the client (ie, ORDS) side by adding appropriate entries to sqlnet.ora. Does that sound likely? I can't configure the encryption at the database listener side, because it isn't my database.

Or is there some other way to encrypt the traffic?

THank you for any insight.
Re: ORDS Apex listener and encryption [message #634633 is a reply to message #634629] Thu, 12 March 2015 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Theorically sqlnet.ora has to be modified at both side to enable Oracle native encryption but default value for SQLNET.ENCRYPTION_SERVER is "accepted" which means if at the client side you set it to "requested" or "required" then encryption will be enabled.
Read Network Encryption.

Re: ORDS Apex listener and encryption [message #634641 is a reply to message #634633] Thu, 12 March 2015 07:43 Go to previous message
John Watson
Thankyou for replying. I've done this any number of times for access through SQL*Plus, TOAD, or Forms. This will the first time using the oci8 library, and it is good to know that it should work.
Previous Topic: Export Data From Apex 4.0 to 4.2
Next Topic: Region Error Message
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:40:09 CDT 2024