Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Reports Server seems to be running reports slowly (merged 2) (11gR2)
Reports Server seems to be running reports slowly (merged 2) [message #669735] Wed, 09 May 2018 13:08 Go to next message
johnnydanja
Hi all,

I've setup an oracle forms and reports environment 11gR2. I've setup a couple of these now but I'm by no means an expert. This application used to be a 6i and we've migrated it to 11g. However after its all been setup we've been running the reports and some of them are taking up to 15 minutes to come back from the report server. I've checked the report in the report developer and it runs in seconds as well the query does in the db as well. It seems like after its been run a few times it speeds up quite a bit but this is very odd for something that should return in seconds. A few of our other reports return in 40 seconds or so. This is much too long and doesn't happen in another 10g app that we migrated and I think I set up exactly the same. I'm at a loss as to what to do to improve this as I've reviewed the config files and they seem to be ok from what I can see.
Reports Server seems to be running reports slowly [message #669738 is a reply to message #669735] Wed, 09 May 2018 13:19 Go to previous message
johnnydanja
Sorry if this is a double post but my last one didn't seem to go through.

My converted 6i to 11g application seems to be taking forever to run reports. The reports server takes about 15 minutes to run some reports and the fastest ones still take 30+ seconds to run. The reports themselves are run in seconds in the reports developer so I think it must be a report server issue. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Previous Topic: Due Date Calculation
Next Topic: ORA-00932 Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:36:42 CDT 2024