Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Approximate 50MB files per day to be saved in Oracle Database (Oracle 11gR2)
Approximate 50MB files per day to be saved in Oracle Database [message #676319] Thu, 30 May 2019 06:38 Go to next message
srinivas.k2005
Hi Experts,

I have a requirement to store files(text, PDF, scan copies, images) per transaction for a customer. This can result in 50MB files per day and according to the archive policy, I have to store the data for 7 years. Application is built on the Oracle database, and the first thing comes to my mind is the BLOB store. Has anybody faced this situation, can you please suggest the best option. I have below option in mind which I have to read and dig in more, appreciate if anybody has done this and faced any issues.

1. Oracle DBFS
2. Oracle BFILE with deduplication, compression, and encryption through Internal-LOB storage (like SecureFile)

Thanks,
SRK
Re: Approximate 50MB files per day to be saved in Oracle Database [message #676347 is a reply to message #676319] Mon, 03 June 2019 12:31 Go to previous message
Bill B
Bfiles are simply pointers to files external to the database. Blobs are stored directly in the database with all the backup, security, searching ability, and compression available in the database. personally I would always use Blobs. After all 50 meg a day for 7 years is under 150 gig of data which is not that big a deal in oracle.
Previous Topic: select START_TIME = TO_DATE returns 0
Next Topic: Combining 3 queries into 1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:34:08 CDT 2024