Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » 12C forms and reports recommended book(s) (Windows 12C )
12C forms and reports recommended book(s) [message #679767] Tue, 24 March 2020 10:13 Go to next message
aldashti
Hi,
We are currently using 6i forms/reports and have recently started the process of migrating to Weblogic forms/reports 12C/Db.18C(from 10g). I would consider our application a mid-size system.
Needless to say, it is a huge migration for us. We have a consulting company doing this work for us, nonetheless, I'm looking for some recommendations on good books, regarding the new environment. Primarily developer 12C forms/reports. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Re: 12C forms and reports recommended book(s) [message #679787 is a reply to message #679767] Thu, 26 March 2020 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't think that - from developer's point of view - many things changed. Blocks are still here, triggers as well, canvases, built-ins ... There might be some differences, though.

What changed A LOT is "background" - switching from client/server to application which is now deployed on web. If you aren't the person who should set it up, I guess you shouldn't bother. Installing web logic server is - as I've heard - tough and non-trivial job, so I'd leave it to someone who knows what to do (read: your consulting company).

Oh, yes - to answer your question: I don't know any good books. I'd have to Google for them, but that's something you can do yourself, so - I'm of no help here, sorry.
Re: 12C forms and reports recommended book(s) [message #679788 is a reply to message #679787] Thu, 26 March 2020 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aldashti
Thank you for the feedback. I agree with you regarding the weblogic, we had help installing that component. I guess, like anything else, the knowledge will be gained by experience. I am old school, although I use google often ,I still like to read reference books!
So, do you use/work with 12C forms/reports?
Re: 12C forms and reports recommended book(s) [message #679803 is a reply to message #679788] Sat, 28 March 2020 16:17 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
You're welcome.

I'm afraid you misunderstood what I meant; mentioning Google didn't mean that you should read books online, but to search for those (printed) books.

I don't use 12c version; my company is still on 10g and it seems we won't upgrade as major applications are to be migrated to SAP. For new in-house applications we mostly use Apex (or, if it'll be Forms, it'll be 10g) - as far as I can tell.
Previous Topic: How to navigate through worksheets using DDE
Next Topic: forms 11 g urdu language data view problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:24:39 CDT 2024