Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM (FORMS 12C)
WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM [message #683962] Wed, 10 March 2021 06:50 Go to next message
tipyyt1
I have one issue is forms 12C. The WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM is not not working properly.

Scenario.
Let say we have Deptno and EMp No column in a Tabular Form.

The user had as entered Deptno manualy or through LOV. ( The WHEN VALIDATE checked either the Deptno is correct or not) ----Its working fine
The User has Entered EMpno manually or through LOV, the WHEN-Validate workin Properly that EMployee NO is correct or belongs to the Respective Deptno,

Issue....

For example Deptno 10 and Empno 200 is a valid combination, I have insert a new record with that combination and Record Saved successfully.
But after update I had query that record and Update the Deptno 10 to 20 and Try to navigate from the Deptno and EMpno. At that point to time when-validate-item is not working.

Please advice how to solve this issue.
Re: WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM [message #683970 is a reply to message #683962] Thu, 11 March 2021 04:22 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
What does "not working" mean? Nothing happens? You got an error? If so, which one?

It would probably help if you posted trigger code as it is difficult to debug code you can't see.

Meanwhile, consider running the form in debug mode to see what's going on.
Previous Topic: Stacked Canvas distorting when clicked
Next Topic: LOV position
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:36:54 CDT 2024