Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Tracing .../r/... calls (APEX 21.x)
Tracing .../r/... calls [message #685648] Mon, 28 February 2022 05:45
John Watson
First, please excuse any mistakes I make with terminology or describing things: this is an area beyond my best knowledge.

We have a problem with performance of an application. The pages have many calls for static files, using the /r/ router "friendly URL" mechanism. For example, these URIs (I've anonymized the first part) as shown in the page source:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="XXX/r/125/files/static/v145/demo_app.css" type="text/css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="XXX/r/125/files/static/v145/demo_app.css" type="text/css" />
<script src="XXX/r/121/files/static/v294/aopxl.js"></script>
<script src="XXX/r/121/files/plugin/2038333863069694540/v257/js/es6-promise.min.js"></script>
<script src="XXX/r/125/files/plugin/33458901518245956923/v27/mporan_list_control_1.0.2.js"></script>

Sometimes it takes a long time, a minute or more, to get the files. It looks as though the delay is within the database: the call is sent from Tomcat through a pooled connection, which waits until the response comes back.

My first question is whether anyone has seen this problem before, and if so, what to do about it?

My second question is about tracing. The static files are stored in WWV_FLOW_STATIC_FILES, WWV_FLOW_COMPANY_STATIC_FILES, and (for plugins) WWV_FLOW_PLUGIN_FILES. So I would like to trace the SQLs hitting those tables, but I can't. Enabling trace within APEX by using p_trace=YES does not show me the calls, I think because the /r/ calls are kind-of done asynchronously, by separate connections from the connection servicing the actual APEX session. So I enable tracing for the whole database instance, restarted the connection pools, and still I get nothing in any of the traces referring to those tables. So the question is, "how do I trace a call to retrieve a static file through a /r/ path?"

I guess I should add a third question - does any of the above make sense?

Thank you for any insight.
Previous Topic: Friendly URL rewrite or masking
Next Topic: Oracle APEX
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:57:39 CDT 2024