Home » Server Options » Data Guard » different o/s version b/w prod and standby?
different o/s version b/w prod and standby? [message #60395] Thu, 05 February 2004 13:28 Go to next message
Erin
I know all the docs say that the o/s version between a production db and a standby db need to be 'identical', but some places also say you can have slightly different versions. Does anybody know if you can run production o/s Linus RedHat 7.1 and run the standy by on Linux RedHat 7.2 ? We had a problem on the standby causing the need for the o/s upgrade, but now I don't know if I will be able to run it as the standby and apply the archive logs created on the 7.1 server. Any tips, confirmation either way that this will or will not work ?
Re: different o/s version b/w prod and standby? [message #60396 is a reply to message #60395] Thu, 05 February 2004 14:29 Go to previous message
Thiru
We have done OS upgrades(like Solaris 2.5-->2.6-->2.7 etc) using standby databases. Never had a problem. I'd do a 'relink all' after copying the oracle binaries into the higher version.
Previous Topic: Lost archive log on Standby database (Urgent)
Next Topic: autostart 9i/Solaris Data Guard config
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 09:27:20 CDT 2024